Wi-Fi thermostats allow homeowners to preprogram their thermostats before leaving the house and reset from a distance using a corresponding app on their smartphones.
Could your home comfort benefit from upgrading to a smart thermostat?
Learned Behavior from A … Thermostat?
Thermostats allow you to manually set and adjust temperature settings on your HVAC system. But smart thermostats learn from and adjust HVAC settings based on your behavior.
Wi-Fi thermostats take functionality a step further by allowing homeowners the ability to monitor home air anywhere.
Other advantages of Wi-Fi thermostats include:
- Humidity Monitoring: Increase cooling capacity automatically during high humidity.
- Zoned Cooling & Heating: Vary settings for different parts of your home.
- HVAC Maintenance Reminders: Monitor indoor air quality and receive reminders to routinely change an air filter.
- Energy Usage Advice: Track heating and cooling trends, conserve energy, and save on utility costs.
Smarter Home Comfort, Smarter Energy Efficiency
There are a few contributing factors homeowners should consider before making the switch:
- Too many hands on the controls:
- You plan on staying in your home for … a while:
Wi-Fi thermostats are an investment of time and money, and if you plan on selling your home, or moving, or if you’re renting, well, the cost savings you’ll see over a shorter period time are negligible.
- You’re really concerned with efficiency and cutting costs:
The ability to automatically regulate heating and cooling capacity sounds cool, but the only way to yield real cost-saving benefits of an upgrade to a Wi-Fi thermostat is to monitor your energy usage and plot long-term tweaks to your HVAC system accordingly.
Too many thermostat tweaks – by kids or other members of household – are reason enough for switching to a smart thermostat. Wi-Fi thermostats allow you to monitor and adjust on the go, regardless of who’s in control at home.
Wi-Fi thermostats may or may not be the wave of the future, but there are many benefits to gain from upgrading your home thermostat.
If you want to say goodbye to the days of manually regulating home airflow, contact the On Time Experts for our personal recommendations on the best smart thermostats on the market.
Want more tips to stay cool during the summer heat? Contact the On Time Experts! Your very own Comfort Consultant is standing by to help keep your family cool during the summer heat. 469-336-3435.