Here are a few tips to help you get through the dog days of summer and knock a little bit off your utility bill.
1. Make sure your filters are clean. Check them out on a monthly basis. If they are clean, go ahead and leave them. If they’re dirty, either clean or replace them.
2. Seal your windows. Take a look at your windows to ensure they are caulked and sealed properly.
3. Lower your thermostat. If you normally set your thermostat at 72, try raising it a couple of degrees and turning on some ceiling fans.
4. Check all weather striping. Your home will stay more comfortable if you have proper weather stripping on all your exterior doors and windows.
5. Clean your outdoor unit. Walk outside and make sure that the outdoor unit is clean and free of debris.
6. Install an attic zipper seal. Your home is pulling hot air from your attic through the door. We can install an attic zipper to prevent that from happening.
If you need help with air conditioning efficiency this summer, reach out to the On Time Experts team at 469-336-3435.